- Daytime class time: Thursday mornings, 10 am -12:30 pm.
- Dates: October 20-December 1 (no class on Thanksgiving)
- Evening class time: Monday nights, 6:30-9 pm.
- Dates: Monday October 17- November 28 (no class on Halloween)
Cost: $375 (Early Bird deal: if you apply and pay by September 20, 2016 the cost is $325)
An autoimmune disease occurs when antibodies from a person’s immune system attack and destroy a specific organ or tissue in the body. Antibodies are proteins in the blood that typically detect and destroy invading pathogens. They work with us to keep us safe, and we all have them. The issue in autoimmunity is that these antibodies begin to attack the person they were constructed to protect.
According to the National Institutes of Health, an estimated 80 human diseases are caused primarily or secondarily by an autoimmune response. New diseases are regularly added to the list, with antibodies having the capacity to target and attack any organ, tissue or cell that the body can grow.
Autoimmune conditions often come on the heels of other things. Even allopathic medicine is beginning to recognize this. Whether it is an infection, such as Lyme disease, a car accident or a trauma of some sort, genes for autoimmunity are switched on. There is little understood about autoimmunity, and even less understood about how to switch the epigenetic markers off, and keep them off.
Genetics aside, patterns of disease and infections are smart, inventive, and resilient. They know how to use our own protein making machinery to hijack our immune systems, to replicate themselves and then to mutate so we have little chance of beating them. They work on a molecular level that we have yet to fully understand.
And so we, too, must be smart, inventive, and resilient. We must think outside the box. Our advantage is our creativity, our capacity to observe and pioneer new mechanisms for working with what someone presents.
This is a 6 week course. Almost all things mentioned will interface well with medications. The first 4 weeks will be spent on the following:
- Autoimmune conditions- how structure affects function in the conditions
- Root approaches to calming nervous system, hypothalamic and immune triggers
- Strategies to instill homeostasis
- Hormonal imbalances and autoimmunity
- Lifestyle, spiritual and trauma healing, with resilience building
- Herbs and aromatherapy for:
- Symptom relief and management
- Deficiencies and Excess in organ systems
- Excellent herbs for the conditions, and herbs to avoid for they might exacerbate
- Plants to avoid due to drug interactions
The final 2 weeks of the course, you will get hands-on group work in dealing with clients with autoimmune conditions, as we work with client profiles.
If you are interested in taking this course, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.