Welcome to Red Root Mountain! In this course, you will engage and learn the flexible art of herbalism. Come look at plants, and experience how they work according to taste. Learn the language of herbal applications and gain the skills you need to make plant medicines.
- We will learn the about plants (our Materia medica) according to taste, and apply these plants to acute illness and insomnia.
- You’ll learn basic assessment and herbal application skills and formulation for managing fevers and coughs, healing sinus infections, getting to sleep, and more…
- In medicine making, we will prepare hot and cold-water decoctions, macerate herbs in oil, make salves, and fresh and dried plant tinctures.
- For the final class, you will put your formulating skills to work, and come up with a salve of your own creation to present to the class!
- You will learn to identify basic herbs of this area.
Madison has become a hot bed of budding herbalists, both hobbyist and professional. This past year, Red Root Mountain unleashed 13 amazing professionals herbalists on the community. I feel strongly that everyone should know an herbalist, or know a thing or two about plant medicines. This course is an excellent place to begin.
Read on for a descriptive list of the 8 classes included in this series, and class schedule. If you are interested in joining the class, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org for an application.
- Dates: Sat. May 27-July 8 (an herb walk scheduled tba)
- Time: 2-4 pm
- Cost: $375 (Credit card payments accepted through Square.)
- Place: My house