Day: Sunday July 31st, 2016
Chronic respiratory diseases come in many flavors. They are conditions that often border on terrifying for the individual. With degeneration and/or the interference of the breath, one looses the ability to respire in the lungs, and on a cellular level.
Breathing, itself, is an automatic response, and we are programed to breath approximately 15 breaths per min. at rest to maintain the adequate oxygen levels in our blood. This oxygen is required to power our mitochondria to make energy so that we can, quite simply, exist. This rate also allows us to expel the carbon dioxide that is the metabolic waste product of this energy production.
To put it bluntly, every cell in our body relies on our breath. When we change how we breathe, we also change chemically, but it doesn’t stop there. The challenges that come with disease that affect our breath have emotional consequences, too, for they can cause anxiety and depression. They can affect our ability to thrive, our energy level, our thought processes and organ systems.
In this daylong course on degenerative and chronic lung disease, we will:
- Introduce the following diseases and the trajectory of the disease:
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (including emphysema, chronic bronchitis and asthma)
- Restrictive disease of Cystic Fibrosis
- Explore herbs and essential oils that compliment modern medicine to support these chronic conditions, be they degenerative or not.
- Introduce different strategies to improve organ system deficiency, and the increased stress these diseases put on the body.
If you are interested in this course, please leave a note here, or email me at email@example.com. Thank you!