- Course Day, Dates: Thursdays from May 11th -June 15th
- Time: Daytime- 10-12:30 pm
- Cost: $350
- Online attendance available!
When I consider reproductive health, I begin to think emotionally, for our emotions are greatly affected by our hormones. Hormones train to fire in certain patterns over time. These patterns don’t just become us, they are us. And with pregnancy, age or trauma, whether physical, emotional or spiritual, our hormones shift like a kite in the wind, throwing us into a tailspin as we try to recalibrate.
Plant medicines are the natural way to adjust either our hormones. Using a combination of art, science, and nature, we can instill a stronger sense of balance, or of belonging to a new place in time, whether that time be pregnancy or menopause.
In this course, we will weave our materia medica into the organs, hormones, emotional and spiritual body of the reproductive system. We will look at the reproductive system and it’s changes as naturally occurring shifts that sometimes need support. Shifts that may need to be brought back to balance, or shifts that we must attune ourselves to.
Health issues we will address: menopause, hormonal imbalances, PMS, ovarian cysts, uterine and breast fibroids, reproductive cancer support, pregnancy and post natal, infertility.
Class 1- Materia medica– Plants That Directly Affect Hormonal Balance
- Plants for discussion- Black cohosh, Dong quai, Vitex, wild yam, Panax ginseng, Ladies mantle
Class 2– Materia medica- Plants For Reproductive Health That Act As: Uterine and Lymphatic Tonics
- Plants for discussion- cleavers, burdock root, red clover, red root, violet leaf, collinsonia, fennel, yarrow, Partridge berry, unicorn root
Class 3- Strategies and Formulas for Menopause, Hormonal Imbalances, Infertility and PMS
- Reproductive health is a web of variables. Some of the factors we will use to evaluate are: the balance of hot, cold, dry, windy and moist; the 2 tensions stimulating and relaxing; the humors (blood, yellow and black bile, mucous, and lymphatic fluid); adrenal and thyroid involvement; and the balance of reproductive hormones; excess and deficiency in organ systems; eliminatory function
- Some of the symptoms to be included in formulating: hormonal balance, tone of the muscles, cramps, anxiety, hypercholesterolemia, anemia, anxiety, hypothyroid, hot flashes, digestion, insomnia, skin disorders, vaginal dryness, hemorrhoids, memory, sex drive and more!
Class 4- Strategies and Formulas for Ovarian Cysts, Uterine and Breast Fibroids
- Breast and ovarian health are essential to our health as well as our well being, for the pain, swelling, and discomfort can be unnerving. There are, of course, the adverse affects of physical pain, but there is also the fear associated with the increasing incidence of breast, uterine and ovarian cancers. In this class, we will formulate for ovarian cysts, breast and uterine fibroids, as well as discuss plants that support during cancer treatment, and post treatment.
Class 5– Materia medica and Strategies and Formulas for Pregnancy and Post Natal
- Pregnancy is the time to just let our body be. Our body should be allowed to be steady and feel nourished. The trick is, pregnancy doesn’t always go so smoothly, and we certainly don’t always feel steady. We may feel nauseous, anxious, suffer from back pain, tired, and we may become ill, suffer from insomnia, or be severely anemic. In this class, we will talk about the discomforts and issues that arise with pregnancy, and how to manage them naturally with plant medicines, nutrition and the occasional supplement. We will also address post natal health and wellness.
- Some imbalances we will cover: sciatica, insomnia, anemia, anxiety, high blood pressure, nausea, colds and flu, cramping and bleeding in first trimester, uterine fibroids, and yeast infections.
Class 6– Strategies and Formulas for Pregnancy and Post Natal Continued