- Course Day, Dates: Daytime Thurs. or Evening Thurs. Sept. 28-October 19
- Please note: If there is enough interest, another time slot can open up.
- Time: 10-12 pm or 6:30-8:30 pm
- Cost: $200
- Health issues we will address:
- Hormonal imbalances
- Ovarian cysts
- Uterine and breast fibroids
Hormones train to fire in certain patterns over time. These patterns don’t just become us, they are us. And with pregnancy, age or trauma, whether physical, emotional or spiritual, our hormones shift like a kite in the wind, throwing us into a tailspin as we try to recalibrate.
Plant medicines support our ability to adjust naturally. Using a combination of art, science, and nature, we can instill a stronger sense of balance, or of belonging to a new place in time, whether that time be pregnancy, parenthood, or menopause.
In this course, we will weave our Materia medica into the organs, hormones, emotional and spiritual body of the reproductive system.
Please email me at Kathyweeds@yahoo.com if you are interested in this course.
Classes 1 and 2- Materia medica– Plants That Directly Affect Hormonal Balance, are Uterine and Lymphatic Tonics
- Plants for discussion- Black cohosh, Dong quai, Vitex, wild yam, Panax ginseng, Ladies mantle, cleavers, burdock root, red clover, red root, violet leaf, collinsonia, fennel, yarrow, Partridge berry, unicorn root
Class 3- Strategies and Formulas for Menopause, Hormonal Imbalances, and PMS
- Reproductive health is a web of variables. Some of the factors we will use to evaluate are: the balance of hot, cold, dry, windy and moist; the 2 tensions stimulating and relaxing; the humors (blood, yellow and black bile, mucous, and lymphatic fluid); adrenal and thyroid involvement; and the balance of reproductive hormones; excess and deficiency in organ systems; eliminatory function
- Some of the symptoms to be included in formulating: hormonal balance, tone of the muscles, cramps, anxiety, anemia, anxiety, hypothyroid, hot flashes, digestion, insomnia, skin disorders, vaginal dryness, hemorrhoids, memory
Class 4- Strategies and Formulas for Ovarian Cysts, Uterine and Breast Fibroids
- Breast and ovarian health are essential to our health as well as our well being, for the pain, swelling, and discomfort can be unnerving. There are, of course, the adverse affects of physical pain, but there is also the fear associated with the increasing incidence of breast, uterine and ovarian cancers. In this class, we will formulate for ovarian cysts, breast and uterine fibroids, as well as discuss plants that support during cancer treatment, and post treatment.